Guiding You Through The Challenges Your Family Is Facing
Divorce and other family law matters can take a toll on everyone involved in the case. When you need legal help to resolve the situation you are facing, turn to an experienced and compassionate lawyer at Meredith Mochel Attorney at Law in Chattanooga.
We are dedicated to helping you fight for your family and future. Using years of experience in family court, our firm assists you in navigating all of the aspects of your case in order to reach a resolution that best suits your interests and the needs of your family.
Our Tailored Family Law Services
- Divorce: If you are considering or have filed for divorce, it is time to talk to a lawyer. Our knowledgeable family law attorneys can step in when divorce matters are highly contested and emotionally charged, or in situations where both parties are cooperating to move the divorce forward. We handle all related issues as well, including the equitable division of marital property.
- Alimony: The amount of money paid by one spouse to the other before, during or after divorce is called alimony. Sometimes called spousal support, alimony is not warranted in every divorce. However, it is important to have an attorney on your side who can fight for your rights for or against alimony, and help you understand the different types of alimony that may be ordered.
- Child custody, parenting plans and visitation: There are a variety of types of child custody and visitation arrangements that can be made in Tennessee. Whether parents are divorcing or are unmarried, we can help you understand your rights to get time with your child. We also assist in the creation of parenting plans, which are documents that detail aspects of the custody arrangements, child’s preferences, educational and extracurricular schedules, and more.
- Child support: Calculated by taking into account the income of both parents and with whom the child resides most of the time, child support in Tennessee will be paid by the alternate residential parent. The amount of child support to be paid may also take into account factors such as the number of children, child care, health care, education and extracurricular activities.
- Restraining order hearings: In the event that domestic violence is an issue in your situation, we can assist in handling the request for the restraining order and represent you in any hearings related to the matter. One of our attorneys spent five years representing victims as a Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) lawyer.
Talk To Us Today About Your Family Law Case
To further discuss your options in seeking a solution to your family law and divorce matters, get in touch with our firm today. Call our office now at 423-393-9836. You can also reach us through our online form, and we will promptly respond.