Nearly Two Decades of Experience on Your Side
Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty. However, when you are the one charged with a crime, it may not feel that way. An allegation of criminal activity can have a devastating impact on your personal and professional life. There is no doubt that this can be a frightening and confusing time. That is why it is important to seek help from a Chattanooga defense attorney who does not shy away from an aggressive defense.
Call our Chattanooga defense attorney at (423) 250-1499. We proudly serve the arrested and accused throughout Hamilton and Marion Counties.
Criminal Cases We Handle
We represent people who have been charged with many types of crimes, including felonies and misdemeanors, as well as:
- Driving under the influence: Drunk driving or DUI charges can happen to anyone. For many people, a DUI charge is often their first contact with the criminal justice system. A conviction carries the potential of heavy fines and jail time, along with the loss of your driver’s license. Our Chattanooga defense lawyer can challenge the results of blood and breath tests and determine whether the police even had probable cause to make a traffic stop in the first place.
- Drug offenses: Low-level drug offenses, possession of marijuana, in particular, is often treated as being “no big deal.” The fact is, marijuana is still illegal in Tennessee and Georgia, and it does not take a significant amount in possession for you to be charged with a felony. Regardless of the nature of the charge, a conviction will still result in a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life. We will work hard to help shield you from the harshest consequences of these charges.
- Theft charges: A conviction for a theft crime can have far-reaching consequences. Even a shoplifting conviction can impact future employment opportunities. If the alleged theft involved goods of significant value, you face the genuine possibility of prison time. Our defense lawyers in Chattanooga, TN will help fight against all types of theft charges.
- Assault charges: A charge of assault can involve a wide range of behaviors, from domestic abuse and bar fights to serious felonies involving the use of deadly weapons. We have successfully defended numerous clients who have been charged with all types of assault crimes.
- Sex offenses: Because of public perception and recent high-profile cases, these crimes are harshly prosecuted, and can leave a permanent stain on your record, as well as years of jail time and heavy fines. Our firm handles complex and nuanced charges, such as sexual assault and allegations surrounding child pornography.
- Homicide, murder, and other violent crimes: Considered the most serious felony offenses, these crimes carry the heaviest punishments for a conviction, including life in prison and the death penalty. Protect your rights and ensure your side of the story is heard with the help of our skilled Chattanooga defense attorneys.
If you are arrested for a crime, it can be challenging to know what to do to protect your rights. The most important thing to remember after an arrest is to avoid self-incrimination. Self-incrimination often happens during or right after an arrest, and it can have dire consequences.
While you may feel pressure to admit guilt, you have the right to remain silent and retain an attorney to help you pursue justice. A qualified legal professional can offer guidance throughout the investigation and pre-arraignment phases while also helping you avoid self-incrimination. Contact a Chattanooga criminal attorney as soon as possible after an arrest.
Even if you are not under arrest but know of an active investigation, speak with a lawyer immediately to protect your rights throughout the criminal process. Remember, all criminal charges are serious. You need an equally serious defense. From our law office in Chattanooga, we represent people throughout Hamilton and Marion Counties.
Contact the Chattanooga criminal defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Meredith Mochel for a free consultation.
I experienced excellent communication, patience, reliability, and trust to say the least. Ms. Mochel provided me with ease of mind from start to finish throughout the entire legal process.JR
No Jail Time Criminal Defense
Reduced Charge DUI